- At breaking his collar bone. Breaking my heart by being such a sweetheart about it.
- Big A breaking his wrist in about ten different places and needing multiple surgeries. Blowing my mind by trying to do every single thing himself.
- Me catching my hands in a slammed door--it hurts to make a fist or curl my hand around stuff like the steering wheel.
- Nu wanting to be in the "dumb, doofus dog club" by breaking a bone too. P.S. : WTH?!
- Coming home to discover that someone had taken a BB gun to our dining room windows.
- Waking up to discover that the basement drain had flooded an assortment of decay into the house.
- Waking every morning to intense gratitude and surprise that we weren't assaulted while we slept.
- Wanting to leave nightmare rental central, but having our extremely reasonable offer on a house dissed, basically.
- The gun shootings in Aurora.
- The gun shootings in Wisconsin.
- The gun shootings in Newtown.
- Not being able to go to movies anymore.
- Not having been able to send kids to the last three days of school before Christmas break.